Have an upcoming event to promote or a job opening in the event industry? To feature your listing on our website, please submit your information below.
Job Opportunities Posted on 2.26.18
Position Title: Event Specialist Location: Baton Rouge Duration: Full Time Salary Range: Depends on Experience Company Background: Baton Rouge’s largest established premier special events rental company is looking to fill the position of Event Specialist. The company has been operating over 15 years and provides event rental equipment for weddings, corporate events, festivals, and many other events. We rent many different types of products including tents, tables, chairs, linens, flooring, lighting, and many more. The ideal candidate is highly motivated and self-driven with a minimum of two (2) years experience consulting or detailing special events, whether facility or in an off-premise capacity for multiple venues or residential homes. Experience with detailing off-premise events in tents is a plus. Traits Required:
Clear and effective communication skills
Attention to detail
Able to work in a fast-paced environment and accept direction
Assist customers via phone, walk in, website, and email inquiries
Guide customers through sizing their event, assist in pairing rental items together, and assume responsibility to make sure customers have what they need for a great event, within budget
Understands spacing and measurements, related to venues and equipment. Able to assist customer in correctly sizing tents, tables, and other equipment, to fit their event
Build relationships with partners in the industry
Undertake sales efforts with new potential customers. Work directly with management in researching market to identify new potential customers and performing outreach
Work directly with event field management for site visits as well as venue logistics
Work with customers and facility coordinators to ensure venue rules and policies are followed while accommodating our customer’s equipment rental needs
Assist on in-office tasks including basic work with Quickbooks, event rental software, and other basic software applications
Previous event experience is required – at least 2 years minimum
College degree a strong plus
Computer skills to include basic Microsoft Office. Basic Quickbooks knowledge a strong plus
Sales experience a strong plus
**Interested candidates, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The LSU Alumni Association is looking for a forward thinking, innovative travel planner able to identify and operate a successful travel program with responsibility for growth, profitability, travel experience and support for the efforts of the LSUAA Traveling Tigers and Alumni Travel programs. The Alumni Engagement and Travel Manager is responsible for coordination and organization of all LSU sports and event ticketing through the Association. This position will also work closely with LSUAA affiliated chapters across the US and the world providing chapter territory support!
The Alumni Engagement and Travel Manager will provide a forward thinking, innovative approach to planning travel to help engage existing travelers and grow a new database of travelers. This position is responsible for growth, profitability, planning and executing events associated with sports travel program including making reservations, planning events, booking entertainment, securing travel and lodging, collecting information from travelers and promoting the Traveling Tigers program.
- Bachelor’s degree required; business, communication or related experience in large scale event or travel preferred
- Knowledge/experience related to LSU preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- This position requires frequent travel (that can exceed 50%) and weekend/holiday scheduling and travel.
- Standard business hours plus on-call/after hour and holiday/weekend communication.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, together with the ability to work collaboratively and courteously with colleagues throughout the Institute, alumni, other constituents and the public. Thriving in a team environment to achieve institutional goals.
- Demonstrably strong verbal communication, writing, planning and organizational skills
- Customer/Client Focus. Excels in time and priority management in particular to ensure timely response to inquiries from alumni and other constituents.
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and prioritization to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail.
- Stress Management/Composure and Problem Solving Skills.
- High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information
- The demonstrated ability to strategize, implement and build travel programs and activities, along with a talent for motivating and engaging travelers and volunteers.
**For More information or to apply click here.